It was another great day to go for ad adventure to explore the Exploratorium in USA. This was our first time to visit this place and we were all getting excited about it. We were wondering what to expect and what we could see from this place as it was a place to show the works of innovators.
A different kind of dizzy
Changing the postion of your head affects your feeling of dizziness.
- Sit in the chair, lay your head on the bar, and spin. If you spin long enough the feeling of motion will lessen. This happens when the fluid in your inner ear syncs with your head’s motion.
- Now look up. Do you feel a sense of dizziness or tumbling? This happens when your inner ear responds to your head movement.
What’s going on?
Inside your inner ear are semicircular canals that maintain your sense of balance. These canals are filled with fluid and tiny hairs. Your brain senses motion as the fluid moves the hairs.
Make the effect stronger by:
- Sitting up with your eyes closes.
- Laying your head down with your ear pressed to the bar.
Your inner ear’s semicircular canals have three different orientations to let you sense movement in many directions.
Color your judgment
Your expectations may change your experience.
- These 10 bottles contain 5 different scents. Sniff each one and try to find the scents that match.
- Lift the flap in the center to find out which ones match and see what the different scents are.
What’s going on?
We are used to having smells go with certain colors: sweet things have fruity colors like yellow, red or orange; herbal scents are green; earthy scents are brown.
The scents here that have “inappropriate” colors are harder to identify than ones with the color you expect. And when smell matches color, you may find the scent stronger and more pleasant.
That’s all for today as there are many more photographs of this place and we will continue again another day. Hope you have enjoyed viewing these photographs and if you had been to Exploratorium in California USA, please do share your comments with us about what you think of this place.
Sadly to hear that as of today 18 June 2020, the infection rates had gone up to 8,400,129 cases while the death rates are now 451,263 cases. As we can see that there is no stopping of increment for the infections as well as the death rates worldwide and the only way to reduce the spreading will be people doing the right thing.
What is the right thing to do?
Simple! Just isolate or quarantine yourself to stay at home whenever possible. If needed to be in public, please do wear masks & do social distancing from others in order to avoid the spread of virus in case some people who are asymptomatic who will be the unknown sources. Also at the same time, please remember to wash your hands with soap frequently and especially before you touch your eyes, nose or mouth where the infection gets into your body. With extra care and precautions taken, you can help to prevent further spreading of this virus. Help yourself as you can help others to avoid transmission of virus. A good deed goes a long way in your life.
As we understand that in Singapore, our Government had announced the second phase of easing the restrictions as to allow more businesses and schools to be reopened. Please read this information from the site: Gov.sg and know what to do during the Phase 2 period. As we like to advice for those who can be working from home, should continue to do so as it helps to prevent spreading of this virus. As we do realize that there are still unknown sources from people who had not been tested but are carrying the infections, it will be best that we avoid being in public as far as possible. If no choice but needed to be in public, then please do take measures like wearing masks & do social distancing from others will actually provide a way of avoiding to be infected. This means everyone should compliant to this measure so it can be effective to eliminate human to human transmission. Other than that, one should also be washing hands with soap frequently and especially before touching your eyes, nose or mouth since it is the entry point of infection. As long as we humans take all these necessary precautions, we sincerely believe that it will help further reduction of spreading.
Let’s do our parts and keep all Singaporeans as well as others to be safe!
As we read about news informing us the latest updates of COVID-19 pandemic, we can see that different countries have their own contingency plan to handle the COVID-19 pandemic. Some countries are doing well with the control while others are not but no matter what are the measures put in place, we ourselves should take the task of keeping ourselves safe with our own precautions like wearing masks & social distancing as well as washing hands with soap frequently. These are the basic needs that can help to avoid further spreading! We have to cooperate with all others who are doing the right things to carry out the basic preventive measures. We definitely need to help ourselves so that we can help others to prevent the spread. It is a good deed that everyone should abide to these rules.
It’s as simple as ABC! But requires the cooperation of every single human in the world to reduce further spread of COVID-19. Can we do it? Not as simple as it sounds since we will definitely encounter resistance from some people in the world as they simply want to defy these measures for God knows what reasons they have in mind. Looking at the bright side, we sincerely hope that one day they decide to abide with the preventive measures and soon we will see the drop in numbers for infections. We can only hope to see that day to come …
Lastly, we like to end this with the standard precautions that each of us can undertake to reduce the possibility of further spreading.
- Wearing masks whenever you are in public as a preventive measures.
- Washing hands with soap frequently as to eliminate the virus staying on your hands.
- Do social distancing from others as it helps to prevent the spread of infection without close contact.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth before you wash your hands with soap as it will be the source of entry for the virus to get you infected.
- If you need to sneeze, please use a tissue or otherwise bend your elbow and sneeze in between there.
- Should you have fever, cough and shortness of breathe, please do consult a doctor. Remember to wear mask when doing so.
- In order for more effective contact tracing, please do download the TraceTogether app for those who are staying in Singapore. This will actually eliminate those unknown sources as well as allow you to be informed should you be exposed to someone having the infection.
There is FAKED TraceTogether app being circulating and this will be prone to hacking of your handphone, please be aware and do not download it. It should be from the Google Play/ Apple App store and the app is developed by Government Technology Agency. Get it from the official website:
Kindly take note of the official site for downloading it and not from unknown sites that can be hacked since it is not the real app from the Government site.
Be blessed with good health and take care of yourself & loved ones!